PockitShip App Officially Launched
Recently, we launched an awesome product for PockitShip! Just to give you some background, PockitShip is an on-demand pickup and delivery company that specializes in shipping large items. They utilize technology to facilitate orders via their website, but when they wanted a product that would expand their reach and streamline the order process for all mobile users. Phase one was completed with the launch of an MVP in October 2016, their platform is on both iOS and Android applications.
PockitShip services include:
Pick Up & Delivery Services: PockitShip provides traditional moving services, as well as more unconventional shipping services like: pick up / delivery from retail stores, items purchased or sold via Craig’s List, and home-to-home delivery.
Same Location Moving: PockitShip provides in-home moves between floors or from one unit to another in the same building.
Haul Away: PockitShip will pick up items and deliver them to a landfill or donation center.
Based on the services that they offer, it only made sense that PockitShip wanted to increase visibility and overall use of their services on a mobile platform. The primary hurdle they faced was limited reach with their singular medium for engagement. We recommended a mobile first strategy – creating mobile applications on both major platforms (iOS and Android) for drivers and customers to further increase engagement of PockitShip’s services, we worked closely with UX and development teams to deliver a sustainable, user-friendly workflow for both drivers and customers.
The initial phase outlined a workflow to comprehensive user stories. The development phase began in tandem with wireframe designs.
When a customer opens the application, they will find no account is necessary to begin using the application. Upon initial use of the application the customer will:
- Be prompted to place an order or track an order. Upon order placement, the customer will be redirected a screen instructing them to fill out the respective ‘pick up’ / ‘delivery’ addresses, along with the desired date / time of service
- Follow logistical inputs, the customer will be directed to a page where they can note the items they’d like to ship. PockitShip provides a list of over 150 pre-populated items, as well as the ability to enter custom items. This page allows the customer to include the quantity, images, and instructions for each item entered.
- Finally, the customer will be directed to the last two steps which request contact and payment information.
- Once an order is complete, a customer is provided a tracking number, which they can use to inform themselves of the status of their pickup or delivery.
Drivers will need a PockitShip-approved account before they can begin using the application. Driver’s are able to sign up for an account within the application. The driver account sign up process includes:
- Background information like name, street address, contact number, driver’s license number, DOB, etc. Additionally, during account sign up, drivers can also input the equipment they have – truck type, dollies, tools, etc.
- There are two types of drivers: drivers & driver managers. Together, these two types of contractors make up a ‘team’ of drivers.
For drivers that already have a PockitShip-approved account, they’ll find a similarly seamless workflow characterized by the customer application. Upon log in:
- Drivers will be prompted by an initial “Open Orders” screen. This page enables drivers to review and accept open orders that fit within their schedule and capabilities.
- Once an order is accepted, drivers can choose to assign an order to themselves or a team member.
- Drivers can access an “assigned” page within the application. This page highlights all of the orders assigned to a particular driver in the order of their service date. These order pages include all the information the customer inputs into their order: pickup time, contact information, from / to address, and the items in need of service.
- Driver’s can use the application to change the status of an order in real-time (i.e. En route to pickup, pickup complete, en route to delivery, delivery complete, etc). In addition to updating statuses of orders, driver’s can also change / make notes on orders by adding more items, removing items, or making notes about unexpected occurrences (i.e. property damage, cancelled orders, unable to reach customer, etc).
This product is unique in that it brings the traditional shipping service into a more interconnected arena, increasing the ease-of use and accessibility to the shipping industry. Allowing for an easy e-commerce solution for the shipping industry. The final product will be used for placing and tracking shipment (customers) and moving items (drivers).
Do you have an e-commerce issue you can’t seem to solve? Get in touch for a free consultation.